Remember, you are doing business with Google. They reserve the right to stop doing business with you if you pollute or corrupt their service.Google Panda Filter
The Panda filter changed the SEO industry.read about "Panda" Google Penguin Filter
The Penguin filter changed the SEO industry.read about "Penguin"
Google Webmaster and Quality Guidelines
- Provide unique, relevant content
- Build quality, one-way backlinks
Below you will find a general overview of the Google Webmaster Quality Guidelines in our own words. We can't possibly cover every single scenario but here are the general rules we follow. In general, you should always avoid trying to "trick" the search engines in an effort to artificially boost your placement. If you are being "tricky", you are likely not following the guidelines. Remember, you are doing business with Google. They reserve the right to stop doing business with you if you pollute their service.
- Your website must have unique, quality, relevant content that will help Google users find what they're looking for.
- Your website must not utilize hidden text or hidden links.
- Your website must not utilize any cloaking or sneaky redirects.
- Your website must not utilize keyword stuffing or keyword spam.
- Your website must not consist of doorway pages that hold little to no value for the reader.
- Do not repeat keywords for the sake of improved placement.
- Do not duplicate or "scrape" content from other websites.
OFF-PAGE (LINK BUILDING)
- Do not participate in link schemes designed to artifically increase your site's link popularity or PageRank.
- For example, do not ask an escort service to link to your halloween custome shop.
- Do not participate in building completely irrelevant back-links that offer no contextual relevancy.
GOOGLE ALGORITHM UPDATES
- Google Panda: This update was run and refreshed on several dates during 2011/2012 and beyond.
- Google Penguin: 4/24/2012
- Above The Fold: 4/2012
All of these updates below dealt with removing websites that consisted of spam, were considered "low-quality", or participated in spammy blog networks.